Sunday, August 2, 2009

Temples of the week!

This week because I forgot last week, I will do two, keeping everyone happy.


The Portland temple is the one my sister Suki was married and sealed in to her hubby Jared.
The garden inside is really pretty! thats where I spent most of my time waiting for them to get out.
Announcement: 7 April 1984
Groundbreaking and Site Dedication: 20 September 1986 by Gordon B. Hinckley
Public Open House: 15 June–8 July 1989
Dedication: 19–21 August 1989 by Gordon B. Hinckley



The Oakland temple is the one my parents were married and sealed in.
Last year when we went to California our Dad took us there. We took lots of pictures, but I think we all had the biggest kick out of the fact you have a really nice view of Alcatraz.
Announcement: 26 May 1962
Groundbreaking and Site Dedication: 26 May 1962 by David O. McKay
Public Open House: 5–31 October 1964
Dedication: 17–19 November 1964 by David O. McKay

Temple marriage is something I look forward to when I get older (much older). I know it's something I should strive for.

oh, on the happy note of marriage, I forgot to mention last time, that the Columbus temple is where Valerie and Jamie were married.

TTFN! ta ta for now!!!!!

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Did you do two this week because you didn't do one last week?

Kimmi said...

yeah...I did say so.

Jamio said...

Married there, yes. But not to each other. :p

Suki Lotti said...

Yeah, even Jared got a mention. Let's also note that she did Portland first in her post. :-D